Black garlic is created by ageing raw garlic using a fermenting process involving a carefully controlled, stable, consistent temperature for a prescribed amount of days.
Garlic contains sugars and amino acids and when it undergoes fermentation these elements produce melanoidin, a dark coloured substance that is responsible for the colour of black garlic.
The result is a soft textured clove with a slightly sweet flavour with hints of balsamic vinegar.
Add Bredbo Black Garlic to marinades, slice thinly over salads, seafood or roast chicken. Delicious base for hors d’hoeuvres, bruschetta, crackers and pizza.
Black garlic is shelf stable for up to nine months, unopened, in a dry, cool place. Once opened, keep in a sealed bag/container in your fridge for up to 3 months.
Bredbo Black have also added a range of garlic products including:
- 150ml Mr. Pye’s Black Garlic Caramelised Balsamic
- 250ml Mr. Pye’s Honey Wattle Smoked Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 250ml Mr. Pye’s Black Garlic & Tomato Sauce
- 200g Mr. Pye’s Black Honey
- 150g Mr. Pye’s Black Garlic Butter
- 150ml Mr. Pye’s Hot & Spicy Black Garlic Worcestershire Sauce